Sunday 26 February 2012

Video - The Shins - Simple Song

Ok so I know I'm supposed to be on vacation. I am on vacation. Currently I've been enjoying the last three days with family down in beautiful southern California. Newport Beach and Irvine to be more specific. Tomorrow I head off to central america. holy. I figured that since I still had access to the net I'd post the absolutely amazing video of the lead single off The Shin's new album Port of Morrow - Simple Song. It's really grown on me, and not that I didn't like it to begin with thats not the case at all. I loved it from the beginning. The video makes it better. Kudos Mercer, while I thought that Wincing the Night Away was a decline from previous albums (and not even a bad decline its still a great record but it lacks the power of the previous) it seems that Port of Morrow may be the greatest Shins project ever.

And below is an acoustic version from SiriusXM. You really see the power in his voice here. This guy is beyond gifted. Thanks for bringing such light though music to the world. Can't wait to buy the new album.

1 comment:

  1. Woah. The shins is one of those bands that is able to actually capture emotions from past experiences and bring them right back as if we were emotionally time traveling. The blend of this song and video is magical, immaculate, and unforgettable. I consider myself incredibly lucky to be living during a time that a band like The Shins exists... I'm simply blown away by everything they do. I am so anxious for the works on the new album... just three more weeks away!

    ReplyDelete