Saturday 24 March 2012

Stream - Shearwater - Animal Life



Double Will Sheff posts! I have to say when I first started to listen to Shearwater I didn't like them so much. Mostly in part because I was such a huge Okkervil River fan I didn't like the stylistic super arty approach. Mostly it was the singing I found it pompous.

Truthfully I felt that way because I liked Okkervil River so much that if there was spiff off project it better sound just like them. Of course that wasn't the case and I shunned them from my world. Eventually I gave them a real chance NOT EXPECTING to like it, and I found in a completely different way I truely did enjoy the music.

That's the multi-factism of music. It exists beautifully in countless angle and you can't see the reflection unless you adjust yourself to face that facet.

Animal Life a jaw dropping track off Shearwater's new release Animal Joy. Be sure to cop that shit at Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment