Thursday 15 March 2012

Essential Bootleg - Jayhawks - Live at The Hyatt Hotel Ballroom - 09.1.90


I just wanted to start off that this treasure of a live set is dedicated to John, Lizzy, Cameron and Jack Crawford. I was fortunate to meet these lovely Atlantians on the intrepid Central American journey I recently undertook. Now, I may not be from the south and I realise that people from Atlanta don't call themselves Atlantians but I figured that it has a certain magical tone that truely is most fitting.

But to the music this is a true gem of a very early 90's Alt-Country set. It catches the Jayhawks at a pivotal time in their existance as their biggest albums were yet to come. The phone call made by George Drakloulias to the office's of Minneapolis based Twin/Tone came right around the time of this set. George Drakloulias became a future manager producer and mentor for the Jayhawks and the signing to Twin/Tone propelled the band into the 90s and to some of their best music yet. The show was recorded in a large spacious ballroom that Mark Olsen once described as 'a werid gig'. If only he knew how much larger and stranger they would get! There is some very interesting unreleased music n here as well.

I spent a little time cleaning up this recording but I believe its about as good as it gets. Enjoy friends. Download after the tracklist.

Many consider this the most important Jayhawks bootleg out there.
Jayhawks Live at The Hyatt Hotel Ballroom 09.1.90 Download

No comments:

Post a Comment