Friday 1 June 2012

Essential 7" - 88 Fingers Louie - Wanted

One of the most forgotten and least talked about 'mainstream' punk bands from the 90's is Chicago's 88 Fingers Louie. I use hesitate to use 'mainstream' because it's not like these guys sold out to a major label or anything. I just think of more mainstream 90's punk to be bands signed to the large underground labels like Fat Wreck Chords, Epitaph, Hopeless, etc.

88 Fingers Louie often got tagged in the same group as Lagwagon or Strung Out but for some reason never seemed to empress as much. I find them quite different. Remember two guys from this group went on to form the stadium rock shock and awe of Rise Against. Theres so good hardcore in the veins here, but a some feeling as well.

This is their legendary second EP released in 1993 I believe. Blink is one of my favs for 90s punk in general.

1 Holding Back

2 Honestly

3 Blink

4 Help?


Download

No comments:

Post a Comment