Monday 7 May 2012

2 Essential KIss Covers / Replacements Black DIamond / Red House Painters Shock Me

Double blast from the past covering songs that were blasts from the past! I know that sounds stupid but I think it makes sense!

First up we have Mark Kozelek fronting his suave and cute little 90's slocore band Red House Painters. What I love with this cover is it really showcases Kozelek's knack for covering a song but doing it in a way thats complelely unlike the original. Its like he goes beyond the typical cover. Remember he did a whole album of Modest Mouse covers that sound nothing like Modest Mouse


Red House Painters Shock Me MP3

This little gem was taked from the legendary 1984 release of Let It Be. One of my favorite records ever. They cover this song in hardcore vein, which on the album, is perfect for general progression of the songs and is a great offsetting song to 'unsatisfied' or 'answering machine'.

The Replacements Black Diamond MP3


Well there are two great and different covers of Kiss songs! The first tape I ever bought was a Kiss tape (Destroyer to be exact) and while I still love that album I could do without some of the other ones. I don't think I've purposely listened to Kiss for a decade now.



No comments:

Post a Comment