Saturday 12 November 2011

Flashback MP3s - The Shins Live KXCI Tucson 17.01.03


Anyone who knows me knows that The Shins hold a very dear place close to my heart. Possibly because for years they were one of the only artists i listened to that wasn't hip hop or electronic. Maybe its all the memories I have attached to their ballads. It could easily be James Mercers amazing writing. Either way they always come up nothing short of spectacular (I wish i could say the same about Broken Bells).

Yesterday I was digging through the old music vault when i came across something I just had to share. The Shins brief, but typical radio style, appearance at KXCI in early 2003. The selection of 'When I Goosestep' and 'Those Bold City Girls' (which are both pre- Oh,Inverted World) are two big reasons why this set always jumped out at me. The other is the amazing recording quality. Enjoy.


1- Caring is Creepy
2- Pressed in a Book
3- Those Bold City Girls
4- When I Goosestep

DOWNLOAD

1 comment: